What is Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) actually?
It is an approach to operations that takes the help of software engineering and automation solutions to ensure that continuously delivered applications are running efficiently and reliably.
The SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) Foundation course is an introduction to the principles & practices that allows an organization to reliably and economically scale critical services. The course highlights the evolution of SRE and its future direction and equips participants with the practices, methods, and tools to engage people across the organization involved in reliability and stability evidenced through the use of real-life scenarios and case stories. Upon completion of the course, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when back in the office such as understanding, setting and tracking Service Level Objectives (SLO’s).
The course was developed by grasping key SRE sources, engaging with thought-leaders in the SRE space and working with organizations embracing SRE to extract real-life best practices and has been curated to spread knowledge about the key principles & practices necessary for starting SRE adoption.
This course positions learners to successfully complete the SRE Foundation certification exam.
When is the Next Batch?
We have batches being conducted every weekend in Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Bangalore (Bengaluru) locations. Enroll yourself now!
What will I learn?
- Course Introduction
- Course Goals
- Course Agenda
- Module 1: SRE Principles & Practices
- What is Site Reliability Engineering?
- SRE &DevOps: What is the Difference?
- SRE Principles & Practices
- Module 2: Service Level Objectives & Error Budgets
- Service Level Objectives (SLO’s)
- Error Budgets
- Error Budget Policies
- Module 3: Reducing Toil
- What is Toil?
- Why is Toil Bad?
- Doing Something About Toil
- Module 4: Monitoring & Service Level Indicators
- Service Level Indicators (SLI)
- Module 5: SRE Tools & Automation
- Automation Defined
- Automation Focus
- Hierarchy of Automation Types
- Secure Automation
- Automation Tools
- Module 6: Anti-Fragility & Learning from Failure
- Why Learn from Failure
- Benefits of Anti-Fragility
- Shifting the Organizational Balance
- Module 7: Organizational Impact of SRE
- Why Organizations Embrace SRE
- Patterns for SRE Adoption
- Sustainable Incident Response
- Blameless Post-Mortems
- SRE & Scale
- Module 8: SRE, Other Frameworks, Trends
- SRE & Other Frameworks
- SRE Evolution
- Additional Sources of Information
- Exam Preparations
- Exam Requirements, Question Weighting, and Terminology List
- Sample Exam
Is this right for me?
SRE Foundation course is specially designed for:
- Anyone starting or leading a move towards increased reliability
- Anyone interested in modern IT leadership and organizational change approaches
- Business Managers
- Business Stakeholders
- Change Agents
- DevOps Practitioners
- IT Directors
- IT Managers
- IT Team Leaders
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- Software Engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers
- System Integrators
- Tool Providers
How much does it cost?
Pre Requisites for SRE Foundation Course
There are no as such pre-requisites for this course but IT experience and working knowledge of DevOps is recommended
Training Delivery Style
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation focuses on experiential learning. The material of this course is divided into 60-90 minutes of interactive sessions.
Not only this, if you are participating, expect yourself to get indulged with interesting group activities. By this, you will get a chance to put the theory into action.
This training will be nothing like any ordinary training you imagine. We follow a vast range of creative methodology which will allow you to wrack your grey matter and boost your energy up to participate.
The key features of our training program would be:
- Training sessions in a storytelling format
- Exhibition of concepts with the help of professional examples
- Self-analysis and group discussions
- Case studies as the application of the concepts which were taught
- Vibrant presentations along with individual and team activities
- Post-training reading suggestions
Participants of this course will have a deep understanding of:
- The history of SRE and its emergence at Google
- The inter-relationship of SRE with DevOps and other popular frameworks
- The underlying principles behind SRE
- Service Level Objectives (SLO’s) and their user focus
- Service Level Indicators (SLI’s) and the modern monitoring landscape
- Error budgets and the associated error budget policies
- Toil and its effect on an organization’s productivity
- Some practical steps that can help to eliminate toil
- Observability as something to indicate the health of a service
- SRE tools, automation techniques and the importance of security
- Anti-fragility, our approach to failure and failure testing
- The organizational impact that introducing SRE brings
The SRE Foundation Certification is governed, administered and maintained by the DevOps Institute. The Agile Service Manager Certification will be the pre-requisite for future DevOps certification courses.
- Exam Format - Objective Type, Multiple Choice
- Exam Duration - 60 minutes
- Number of Questions - 40 (multiple-choice questions)
- Passing Criteria - 65%
- Certificate – Within 5 business days
- Result - Immediately after the exam
The Agile Service Manager training will be delivered by accredited trainers. The instructors for this course are highly experienced professionals with 11+ years of industry experience and have trained more than 2000 professionals.
Their core expertise includes:
Extensive IT and software experience, who enjoys sharing his or her knowledge and skills to help you improve your performance.
- Managing large global projects and programs
- Setting up from scratch various practices for BI/DW
- Project Portfolio Management
- Training and consulting to large organizations across the world on Project Management, Portfolio Management, Agile, DevOps, IT Service Management, etc.