Agile Service Manager certification is basically an introduction to Agile Service Management. It provides you with the application and integration of agile thinking into service management processes and process design projects. Agile thinking improves ITs effectiveness and efficiency and enables IT to continue to deliver value in the face of changing requirements.
As you know, Development and Operations team have been working in parallel with Development focused on Agile/Scrum and Operations focused on ITSM/ITIL. Hence, this course brings together individual achievements to deliver full business value. The course cross-functionalize Agile and ITSM practices to support end-to-end Agile Service Management so the Development team starts to manage services instead of products and the Operations team becomes more agile with the help of ITSM by scaling to “just enough” process leading to improved flow of work and time to value.
Agile Service Management helps IT to meet customer requirements faster. Also, it improves the collaboration between Development and Operations team, overcomes constraints in process workflows by taking an iterative approach to process design that will improve the velocity of process improvement teams to get more done.
This course prepares the participants to successfully complete the Certified Agile Service Manager exam.
When is Next Batch?
We’ve batches being conducted every weekend in Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Bangalore (Bengaluru) locations. Please enroll from this link: Enroll Now
What will I learn?
CASM Certification Course Outline
- Why Agile?
- What does it mean to "be agile"?
- Why is Agile?
- The Agile Manifesto
- Agile principles
- What does it take to "be agile"?
- Exercise: Reviewing Agile values
- Agile practices
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery
- Exercise: Leveraging multiple frameworks
- What is Agile Service Management (Agile SM)?
- Definition and value
- Two aspects of Agile SM
- Agile Process Design
- Agile Process Improvement
- Process design basics
- The elements of a process
- The 10 steps of process design
- An Agile approach to process design
- Characteristics of an Agile Process
- How much is "just enough"?
- Minimum Viable Product
- Scrum Basics
- Scrum pillars, values, and components
- Important terms
- Scrum Roles
- Product owner
- Scrum artifacts
- Product Backlog
- Creating user stories
- Product backlog refinement
- Sprint Backlog
- Burndown chart
- Agile Service Management artifacts
- Process Backlog
- User stories and ITSM processes
- Process increment
- Sprint Backlog (Agile SM context)
- Burndown chart (Agile SM context)
- Exercise: Writing a meaningful user story
- Scrum Events
- Release planning meeting
- Sprint planning meeting
- Daily Scrum
- Sprint Review
- Sprint Retrospective
- Definition of Done
- Agile Service Management Events
- Process planning meeting
- Sprint planning meeting
- Strategic and process activity sprints
- The Definition of Done for process sprints
- Daily Scrum (Agile SM context)
- Sprint Retrospective (Agile SM context)
- Agile Process Improvement
- Agile Process Improvement audits
- The Process Backlog as a CSI Register
- CSI Sprints and Plan-Do-Check-Act
- Exercise: Assessing process agility
- Agile Service Management technologies
- Aligning Agile SM and Agile software development
- Getting started with Agile Service Management
Is this right for me?
- Certified Agile Service Manager course is specially designed for:
- Anyone interested in learning about Agile and Scrum from a products and process perspective
- Process owners and process designers
- Developers who are interested in helping make processes more agile
- Managers who are looking to bridge multiple practices into a DevOps environment
- Employees and managers responsible for designing, re-engineering or improving process
- Consultants guiding their clients through process improvement and DevOps initiatives
- Internal and external suppliers Process stakeholders
How much does it cost?
Pre Requisites For CASM Certification
Participants attending this course should have knowledge about ITIL and IT Service Management.
Training Delivery Style:
This CASM Certification focuses on experiential learning. The material of this course is divided into 60-90 minutes of interactive sessions.
Not only this, if you are participating, expect yourself to get indulged with interesting group activities. By this, you will get a chance to put the theory into action.
This training will be nothing like any ordinary training you imagine. We follow a vast range of creative methodology which will allow you to wrack your grey matter and boost your energy up to participate.
The key features of our training program would be:
- Training sessions in a storytelling format
- Exhibition of concepts with the help of professional examples
- Self-analysis and group discussions
- Case studies as the application of the concepts which were taught
- Vibrant presentations along with individual and team activities
- Post-training reading suggestions
Participants of this course will have a deep understanding of:
- What does it mean to “be agile?”
- The Agile Manifesto, its core values, and principles
- Agile concepts and practices including ITSM, Kanban, Lean and DevOps
- Learn about SCRUM from a product and process perspective
- Agile thinking and values into service management
- Scrum roles, artifacts, and events as it applies to both products and processes
- The two aspects of Agile Service Management:
- Agile Process Improvement–ensuring processes are lean and deliver “just enough” control
- Agile Process Design–applying Agile practices to process design projects
The Agile Service Manager Certification is governed, administered and maintained by the DevOps Institute. The Agile Service Manager Certification will be the pre-requisite for future DevOps certification courses.
- Exam Format - Objective Type, Multiple Choice
- Exam Duration - 60 minutes
- Number of Questions - 40 (multiple-choice questions)
- Passing Criteria - 65%
- Certificate – Within 5 business days
- Result - Immediately after the exam
- Closed book
The Agile Service Manager training will be delivered by accredited trainers. The instructors for this course are highly experienced professionals with 16+ years of industry experience and have trained more than 7000 professionals.
Their core expertise includes:
- Successful track records as IT professionals and bringing that acumen into the classroom
- Utilizing the highest quality content and blending their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion
- Our trainers hold multiple Agile and ITSM industry certifications
- They have successfully completed ITSM Academy's CASM Train-the-Trainer Program